Yes, you can connect GA4 to Google Sheets. You can do this by using the GA4 Reports Builder add-on or by using a third-party connector like Coefficient.
Unfortunately, the GA4 Reports Builder add-on is lacking in documentation, scheduling reports and filters which is why I recommend Coefficient.
Here are the two ways to do this:
1. Using the GA4 Reports Builder add-on
This add-on is developed by Google and allows you to create custom reports from your GA4 data. To connect GA4 to Google Sheets using this add-on, follow these steps:
- Open Google Sheets and create a new spreadsheet.
- Click Extensions > Add-ons > Get add-ons.
- Search for GA4 Reports Builder for Google Analytics and click Install.
- Once the add-on is installed, click Extensions > GA4 Reports Builder for Google Analytics > Create New Report.
- Select the GA4 property and date range for your report.
- Select the dimensions and metrics you want to include in your report.
- Click Create Report.
The add-on will import your GA4 data into Google Sheets. You can then analyze and visualize your data using Google Sheets’ built-in tools.
2. Using a third-party connector
There are also a number of third-party connectors that allow you to connect GA4 to Google Sheets. These connectors typically offer more features than the GA4 Reports Builder add-on, such as the ability to schedule reports and export data to other formats.
As a marketer, I am always trying to keep on top of which of my pages are doing well and which topics I should focus on. GA4 can sometimes be quite difficult to find the report you need. for this reason, I connected Coefficient.io to my sheets so that I can see my top-performing pages quickly.
Which method should you use?
Which method you choose will depend on your specific needs. If you only need to create basic reports from your GA4 data, then the GA4 Reports Builder add-on is a good option. However, if you need to create more complex reports or schedule reports to be run automatically, then you may want to consider using a third-party connector.
Benefits of connecting GA4 to Google Sheets
There are a number of benefits to connecting GA4 to Google Sheets:
- Easy to use: Google Sheets is a familiar and easy-to-use application.
- Powerful: Google Sheets offers a variety of powerful tools for analyzing and visualizing data.
- Collaborative: Google Sheets makes it easy to collaborate with others on your data analysis.
- Flexible: Google Sheets can be used to create a variety of reports and dashboards.